Mara Migration Safari
Share with friends
Kenya’s Maasai Mara Reserve has been named one of the new Seventh Wonders of the World in a poll of experts conducted by ABC Television’s Good Morning America. The incredible annual migration of over a million Wildebeest from the Serengeti plains to the Mara has been described as being one of the most awe inspiring sights on earth, and a broadcast on US morning television took this spectacle into millions of American homes.
Highlights of the Trip
- 1 night at Ole Sereni Hotel in Nairobi.
- 1 night in Lake Nakuru National Park. This Park in located at the bottom of The Great Rift Valley. It is home to White Rhino, Rothschild’s Giraffe and over a million flamingoes.
- 4 nights in Masai Mara National Reserve. Game viewing drives in this World-famous National Reserve. You have enough time to view the Great Migration
- 5 nights in Zanzibar the magical Island popular for the fantastic beaches
This safari explores the following regions
- Lake Nakuru National Park
- Masai Mara National Reserve
- Zanzibar Island
Where you will stay
- Sarova Lion Hill Lodge
- Sarova Mara Game Camp
- Blue Bay Resort
What's Included in this Safari
- Overnight at Ole Sereni Hotel on bed and breakfast
- Full board accommodation on safari (Sweetwaters Camp – 1 night, Lion Hill Lodge – 1 night, Sarova Mara Game Camp – 4 nights)
- Game drives in 4×4 game drive vehicles
- All parks and conservancies entry fees
- Services of an English-speaking driver-guide
- Use of one pair of binoculars in a vehicle
- All transfers, including to and from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
- Flying Doctors Medical Evacuation Cover (AMREF)
- All relevant government taxes and levies
- International flights
- All meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities (tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Balloon flight over the Masai Mara ( 450 USD per person)
- All rates are based on US Dollars
- Rates are per person sharing a double room
- Pricing serve as a guide, request for the best and most current rates
- Single supplement may apply
Wildlife you are likely to see in this safari
Day to Day Itinerary
DAY 1: OLE SERENI Hotel, NAIROBI - 1 Night
Welcome to Kenya! You shall arrive at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport where we will welcome you and privately transfer you to Ole Sereni Hotel located 6 kilometers from the Airport and at the edge of Nairobi National Park.
Meals Included: Breakfast
Accommodation: Ole Sereni Hotel
DAY 2: Lion Hill Lodge, Lake Nakuru - 1 Night
After breakfast at Ole Sereni Hotel you drive to Lake Nakuru National Park. You will have a stopover as you descend on the eastern escarpment of the Great Rift Valley. At the viewpoint, you get a panoramic view of the floor of the Rift Valley. Arrive for lunch at Lion Hill Lodge and continue to the Park for game viewing. You will spot flamingos, pelicans, buffalos, white rhino, the Rothschild’s Giraffe and other plains game. After lunch you will have a game viewing drive
Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Accommodation: Lion Hill Lodge
DAY 3 - 6: Basecamp Explorer, Masai Mara - 4 Nights
Morning drive to the Masai Mara National Reserve; arriving for lunch at Basecamp Explorer, game viewing en route. This Camp is located at the banks of Talek River and all the tents have a river frontage. It is a five star property and with highly courteous staff.
Masai are the surrounding community and have remained proudly aloof from western civilization. The Masai Mara National Reserve is the most famous animal sanctuary in Kenya. It has the widest concentration of animals and it is possible to view most if not all the big five here. Birdlife is also prolific with the secretary bird, ostriches, kori bastard, herons among others widely represented here. Enjoy the late afternoon game viewing drive in the Reserve.
Three full days in Masai Mara Game Reserve with morning and afternoon game viewing drives or you can chose to have a whole day game drive with packed lunch. A full day game viewing drive gives you a better chance to explore this vast game reserve. You have a good chance to do a Hot Air Balloon Safari or visit a Masai village in one of the three days.
Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Accommodation: Basecamp Explorer
DAY 7 - 11: Blue Bay Resort, Zanzibar - 5 Nights
Early breakfast before embarking on the morning drive through Nairobi City with your packed lunches and on to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport for the midday scheduled flight to the spice and clove Island of Zanzibar. You will be received at at Kisauni Airport and privately be transferred to the Blue Bay Resort. Blue Bay is located on the spectacular Kiwengwa Beach and a beach frontage.
You have four full days at this tranquil haven enjoying the sun, sand and sea. You may undertake optional extra activities here including deep sea fishing, scuba diving, snorkeling among others.
Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner
Accommodation: Blue Bay Resort
DAY 12: Nairobi
Morning at leisure. Later in the day you are privately transferred to Kisauni Airport for the scheduled flight to Nairobi’s Jomo Kenyatta Airport and connect onto your homebound flight.
8 DAYS Safari
From USD5,000 per person sharing
Meru National Park, Loisaba, Masai Mara National Reserve
9 DAYS Safari
From USD6,000 per person sharing
Ol Pajeta Conservancy, Lake Nakuru National Park and Masai Mara National Reserve