What to Wear on Safari Tanzania
What to Wear on Tanzania Safari
Going to Tanzania and wondering what to wear on Tanzania Safari? We have several tips for you.
During the peak season, from July to October, it is mostly dry. The days are hot and the nights are chilly. Pack lightweight layers in natural fabrics like cotton or linen which will keep you cool. It is also easy to wash and dry at the camp.
Evenings and early mornings are mostly cold. Pack a warm jacket or fleece. We recommend you carry a scarf and a warm hat.
When planning what to wear on Tanzania safari, we recommend wearing light colours and more especially during the dry months because it can be quite dusty and so they will easily get dirty. We recommend khaki and olive green colours.
Avoid black colour for it gets dusty with the dirt roads and safari trucks
Wearing camouflage or military clothing is illegal and not permitted in Tanzania for persons who are not members of the armed forces. To avoid getting into trouble with the Authorities it is advisable to avoid such clothing.
Dressing code during dinner while on a Tanzania Safari is generally casual and comfortable clothing. A Safari hat can be bought on arrival in Tanzania and will come in handy especially during the sunny hot days.
Remember to carry mosquito/insects repellent, as well as a nice pair of sunglasses.
Comfortable walking shoes are necessary as some grounds are uneven.
Below is a guiding packing list for what to wear while on safari in Tanzania.
List of What to Wear on Tanzania Safari
- Pairs of cotton trousers
- Pairs of comfortable shorts
- Trouser khakis
- Long-sleeved shirts
- Pairs of socks
- Light cargo outdoor pants
- Undergarments that include pairs of cotton menswear
- Sports bras
- Pairs of cotton womenswear for ladies
- Warm flannel pajamas
- Light sandals
- Sweatshirt or fleece jacket for early morning and evening wear
- Hiking Boots if your tour includes a hike
- A swimsuit for lodges and camps that has a pool
- Safari hat with a chin belt that withstands winds
- Waterproof raincoat, especially if traveling to Tanzania during the rainy season
- Lightweight shoes (sneakers or light hiking boots)
- Flip flops or sandals for use around the camp or in the shower
Besides the above items, you will need a “Day Pack” which will have the following items:
- Lip Balm
- Facial cleansing clothes
- Mints or chewing gum
- Tylenol or Advil
- Small notebook and pen
- Pony-tail holder
- Pet-waste bags
- Hand sanitizer
- Insect repellent
- Money/passport wallet